Which CPU to buy for Crysis 3, AC3 etc.?

combatantdrip

Hi guys,I will be playing games such as crysis 3,AC 3 etc,please help me choose my CPU.
Which will the best considering the performance -price ratio??
1. amd fx 6100- 146 $
2. amd fx 8120- 177 $
3. core i5 2320- 204 $
4. core i5 3450- 214 $
Thanks in advance

1. amd fx 6100- 146 $ - PassMark scores 5410 - Score per dollar 37
2. amd fx 8120- 177 $ - PassMark scores 6699 - Score per dollar 38
3. core i5 2320- 204 $ - PassMark scores 5760 - Score per dollar 28
4. core i5 3450- 214 $ - PassMark scores 6620 - Score per dollar 31

1. amd fx 6100- 146 $ - 3DMark scores 5460 - Score per dollar 37
2. amd fx 8120- 177 $ - 3DMark scores 5390 - Score per dollar 30
3. core i5 2320- 204 $ - 3DMark scores 3360 - Score per dollar 16
4. core i5 3450- 214 $ - 3DMark scores 5890 - Score per dollar 28

Personally I'm an Intel guy and would choose the latest generation. The i5 3450 is from the latest generation. The i5 2320 is one generation older than the i5 3450.

Im assuming an FX-8320 isnt an option.
I would still get the FX, I cant say thered be a terrible boost from the fx to that next up i5. or any boost.

@cliffordcooley- the marks are probably for apps,but I am mainly interested in games,some sites have shown that amd fx are terrible at gaming

@LNCPapa- the prices I have given are converted from INR.so your prices and mine will not match.
Amonf the four cpus I have listed which one wil be the best overall?

@ikesmasher- sorry, 8320 isnt available here..Some websites such as tom's hardware etc have shown that amd fx cpus perform worse than i3 3220,so I am quite confused !!

If you are gaming with the discrete graphics card, it's hard to justify an AMD CPU right now. Which probably means the 3450, or the 3570K if you're thinking of overclocking. Otherwise might as well save your pennies.

@cliffordcooley- the marks are probably for apps,but I am mainly interested in games,some sites have shown that amd fx are terrible at gaming
Thats probably due to Intel having better performance per core than AMD. If apps or games are not designed to take advantage of all cores then AMD will lose performance against Intel.

@ikesmasher- sorry, 8320 isnt available here..Some websites such as tom's hardware etc have shown that amd fx cpus perform worse than i3 3220,so I am quite confused !!
That is most likely for single threaded performance..intel is probably a better option if you are simply gaming/other casual use.

How much more would a 3570K cost where you are? It really might be worth saving up a bit more to get it.

Also,both 1gb and 2gb perform similarly in 1080p,medium-high settings,0-2x AA
that is exactly the settings I am going to use!!

Can anyone please tell me if I use i5 2320 with hd 7850 instead of i5 3450 ,how much decrease in FPS will I notice,playing games such as AC3 ,far cry3 at 1080p,medium settings??

Do not buy the fx or intel cpu they are not worth the price. Get a AMD Phenom II X4 965 on amazon for $90. I have it paired up with a HD Radeon 6850 graphics card and I can play mw3, crysis 3, etc. on extra high settings with no problem while downloading a 2gb bluray movie in the background.

The hd radeon 6850 ($150) is 1gb but it works perfectly for me, although 2gb would be better, but thats not needed unless you're doing some hardcore stuff which by this forum you're not, just a few games.

And the Phenom II X4 965 is 3.4 ghz, as fast as a intel i5 3570K, but 60% less on price. intel can be better in performance wise but the difference is small, definetly not worth the extra $120.

I agree with Clifford - my younger daughter has an X4 945 in her machine and it's not even in the same league with the Sandy Bridge machines in the house. I figure since she's only 5 it's not that important to her yet, but she'll be getting the next upgrade pretty soon.

Do not buy the fx or intel cpu they are not worth the price. Get a AMD Phenom II X4 965 on amazon for $90. I have it paired up with a HD Radeon 6850 graphics card and I can play mw3, crysis 3, etc. on extra high settings with no problem while downloading a 2gb bluray movie in the background.

The hd radeon 6850 ($150) is 1gb but it works perfectly for me, although 2gb would be better, but thats not needed unless you're doing some hardcore stuff which by this forum you're not, just a few games.

And the Phenom II X4 965 is 3.4 ghz, as fast as a intel i5 3570K, but 60% less on price. intel can be better in performance wise but the difference is small, definetly not worth the extra $120.

the X4s are getting dated by the day. They were once a titan for price and performance just a year or 2 back, but now new options have come up and it is just not worth it. a core i3 will beat it any day at the same price despite being a dual core CPU (at least for todays applications). Also the ivy bridge i3 even beats the most recent FX 4 core in most benchmarks. AMD had its days but they are just slowly ending.

the X4s are getting dated by the day. They were once a titan for price and performance just a year or 2 back, but now new options have come up and it is just not worth it. a core i3 will beat it any day at the same price despite being a dual core CPU (at least for todays applications). Also the ivy bridge i3 even beats the most recent FX 4 core in most benchmarks. AMD had its days but they are just slowly ending.
lol no. The i3-3220 beats the FX-4300 in most single threaded tasks, but its pretty much a tie since the FX wins in many multithreaded task.. It does not "beat" an FX-4300, they both perform differently depending on the task. As for number of general bench apps they win in, its pretty much a tie, perhaps leaning a little towards an i3.

lol no. The i3-3220 beats the FX-4300 in most single threaded tasks, but its pretty much a tie since the FX wins in many multithreaded task.. It does not "beat" an FX-4300, they both perform differently depending on the task. As for number of general bench apps they win in, its pretty much a tie, perhaps leaning a little towards an i3.
hmm yeah true. but I wonder if the i3 will beat the fx 4 in applications like photoshop

Hm,thanks guys ,I was just wondering if I go with i5 2320 instead of i5 3450 ,will I be drastically reducing the performance or is it acceptable??

Hm,thanks guys ,I was just wondering if I go with i5 2320 instead of i5 3450 ,will I be drastically reducing the performance or is it acceptable??
Yes, the 3450 performs much higher than the 2320. Also the 2320 is sandy bridge, the 3450 is ivy bridge so you will get a bit better performance.

Back