Which GPU should I get?

herbalfire

right I want to go with xfire and I have to gtx 460's but my board dosent support sli and I cant get hyper sli to work (£300 wasted) and in a local store they will give me £65 on exchange and they have 2 hd4890's for 65 and a hd 5770 for 75 really cant decide weather to get the 4890's and accept my losses or pick up the 5770 and get another one from somewhere ele or would it just be better to stick with one gtx 460?

Don't mind me saying this herbalfire, but you could've done some research before putting all that money into it.

I know I know but I was under the impression that hyper sli would be easy as click and go but it disentangle seem to work

For now, you can go to your mobo's website and check it's limitations. See what you can upgrade it to at the max, and check the GPU manufacturer's guide on installation.

my board supports xfire and I'm going after college to get the first card just need to know wich is the best option

I think so too. You can always check it out. Probe the depths bro.

yeah ino I found a decent asus board surprisingly cheap with sli and an amd chipset but it was 57£ plus 15 p+p I just don't have the money and I'm relying solely on trading what I already have Atm till I get a job Haha and my dad thinks its acceptable to just take every part that I upgrade like when I upgraded at Christmas he just took my old rig and I was like wtf man I wants some monehs back? haha

Haha indeed well I get my hd 4890 so ill just have to live with 1 billion less transistors untill I get my other one, its weird I got it clocked at 1ghz and gpuz reports all the specs to surpass the gtx but perfromance seams to be worse ill just have to wait and see if xfire makes it beast and it was running at 107c! untill I cleared out all the dust ah the joys of second hand hardware

Back