Which graphics card should I get?

By edbug
Sep 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am looking for a graphics card that i can purchase, i want one that will run pretty much everything on max settings apart from crysis of course.
    My budget is around £100.
    I would like one that could run call of duty 4 on max settings smoothly and world of warcraft on max settings with 60 fps (which i get easy on some low settings, the big ones like resolution)

I would also like to declare i am happy as i have just installed my new 2gb ram stick into my computer that was on sale at pc world for £40! Oh yeah and my 2 x 512mb sticks are compatible with it, 3gb ram now! (not noticed much difference but hey)
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,262   +41

3. edbug

edbug Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 50

thanks for the suggestion.
    i have an ati card fitted in my system and on the front it says graphics by ATI, i don't think it will matter, but i will ask anyway, would it be ok for my computer to which over the nVidia?
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

Yeah, it will be ok. Make sure you have an adequate PSU before buying the card though.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

6. porsche911r

porsche911r Newcomer, in training Posts: 119

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.