Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    I just bought a
    Trinity S2099 -->Motherboard
    P4 3.06 HT ,
    1Gig PC2100 RAM
    60 GB 7200 RPM HDD

Now I am looking for decent graphics card (GC) so that I can play current generation games. My Motherboard only supports AGP 4X . I dont want to spend more than $100 on a GC . Can anyone point me to a decent GC for my machine.
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Witch such a budget your best bet would be a Radeon 9600 Pro but that will not allow you to play the latest games at high resolutions & all the eye candy turned on.
  3. gamerAllDay

gamerAllDay Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

How much difference will it make if I get the Card with 256 MB or memory rather than 128
  4. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,760

More video ram will make a big difference with newer games like Doom 3 and Farcry.
  5. Didou

Well 256mb should be better but most of the time in order to fit more memory on the board & still have profit margins companies often put slower Ram. I'd go for the 128mb version myself. 256mb is really usefull when you use FSAA at high resolutions & if that is your goal you might as well get a more expensive from the start.
  6. gamerAllDay

gamerAllDay Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

7. Didou

The ultimate version is a passively cooled card, meaning there are no fans on the chipset's heatsink & thus it produces less noise.

Like I said, I would rather go for the 128mb version myself but it is still your call.
  8. TacticalFlow

TacticalFlow Newcomer, in training Posts: 49

Hello again :)

I also need help buying a card.. Im using a 2800+ sepron 1gig ram 60 gig and 9200 radeon. Im thinking of getting a geforce 6800 gt 256mb. would it be worth it for my current system build?

On Doom 3 i can run the game fine on 800x600 with everything on BUT lighting lol. If i would get this card think i can turn up the res up with lighting?
  9. Bug

Bug Newcomer, in training Posts: 180

Personally, I can't stand the Sapphire cards. They are ok if you need a quick fix, but their typically put lower quality ram on their cards. Don't think about OCing it. Now if you don't OC, that might be ok, but I like to have room to play. Go with true ATI if you can. Might cost more, but it will be worth it.

The 6800gt 256 is a great card. Nice bang for the buck aspect to it. I have a number of friends that own it and they get great performance out of them.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.