Which hard disk brand is best? Hitachi?

cool.dx.rip

Hitachi Hard disk are more cheaper than other brands.so I want know that how is it has good performance.How about other brand.
thanks

For gaming purposes, any 7200RPM + drive will be great. Some reputable names I trust are Samsung,Seagate and WD.

For gaming purposes, I recommend the WD Caviar Black. If you are on a budget, go for the Caviar Blue. Anything lower will be slow. As for Seagate as blkfx1 said, I have tried plenty of them in the past, and all have failed within months. I only trust WD and Hitatchi, but lately I have been liking WD more.

I personally prefer WD Black hard drives. I have several of the 1TB ones in both SATA II & III and I am very happy with them. Also used several of the WD Blue and they seem to do a decent job also.
Sadly the Blacks are a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for. The fact WD warranties their Black series HDD for 5yrs as opposed to 2 or 3 years like their other HDD and most other brands, gives me a bit more confidence.

Samsung Spinpoint F3 has some clever algorithms that give more impressive performance.
Also platter density will increase speed generally.
You can also write only to the outer edges of the harddrive and that will also improve performance, although not significantly.

Samsung Spinpoint F3 has some clever algorithms that give more impressive performance.
Also platter density will increase speed generally.
You can also write only to the outer edges of the harddrive and that will also improve performance, although not significantly.
I like Samsung for their reliablility, as for speed though, I would rather taken a WD or Hitatchi over it. It comes down to personal opinion.

Well, I cant really trust those tests because: 1) It runs on Windows Vista, 7 was a big improvement in how it handled file transferring. Also, SATA 6 GB/s is what he is looking for for gaming. Also in 2009, HDDs were running on SATA 3GB/s, so 6GB/s makes a huge difference. As SSDs are phasing out HDDs, I think he is better off paying a bit more to future-proof it.

SATA 6 GB/s is what he is looking for for gaming. Also in 2009, HDDs were running on SATA 3GB/s, so 6GB/s makes a huge difference.
?
I looked at a couple of the tests I linked to and they were done on Windows 7.

Probably since I listed ten and looked at only a few.
Anyway I'm still wondering why you seem to think that SATA 3 will make mechanical harddrives perform better in gaming or otherwise, because I'm pretty sure that's not true.

They don't built them like they use too. I use WD Blue work for me. WD Red are for NAS. WD Green are for saving power and you give-up spinning speed. I rather use WD Blue. WD Black cost more like the WD Red (made for heavy duty NAS). Seagate don't care for them. Samsung or Hitachi nope they can fail on you. Maxtor was the best buy Seagate too them over never was the same again.

WD, Seagate, Hitachi & Samsung are all much the same, different users experience different problems & most people have a brand they like. Buy whichever suits you & your pocket. That being said, the WD Blacks are an excellent (if you don't need NAS storage) choice with a decent warranty.

WD quality has been better that's what to do is build hard drives. Hitachi and Samsung dibble and dabble into other focus area's.

WD Blue - good general purpose HDD max 1TB
WD Green - power saving HDD max is 3TB
WD Black - heavy duty
WD Red - NAS and heavy duty

I always go with the WD Blue for my purpose.. I also have them in my NAS too. Might go after WD Red 2x 3TB soon but my needs are just great with what I have on hand. One of my new systems had Seagate in there and it failed in 3 months. Replaced it with
WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

Back