Which internet provider is best

TheDreams

I use centurylink but we experience lots of down-time because they are constantly "updating servers" and we are thinking about switching services. We hear verison is crap but we are considering dish. Any thoughts about what we could switch to?(I live in a rural environment-non city)
ps: I use the internet mostly for downloading and gaming(family uses it mostly for facebook, used by multiple devices at once).

I have FiOS. I love the cable and phone, but the wireless and internet is garbage. I wish I stayed with Cablevision, but the DVR/cable stinks.

Hmm; the BEST is one that costs $0.01 per month, has a bandwidth of 15GB down and 1.5GB up and 100% availability - - yes that's satire!

Your question begs the problem of WHAT services are available in your area, the type of connection(s) that are available from them and what does it cost/month vs what are you willing to pay?

We all have cell phones, so no need for a home phone and we use dish for cable. Also isnt FiOS have really slow download speeds?

Nope. I have a land line because I am old fashioned. Dish cable is pretty crappy compared to fiber optic cable in my opinion. Plus, fiber optics allow for higher bandwidths vs dish. As for download speeds, they are one of the fastest in the US. I just have the older plan with 5 mb/s upload and 15 mb/s download. The only reason I hate their internet is because I cannot use my own router like with Cablevision, so I am stuck with a old router and if I ask for a upgrade, they will force me to pay $10 more per month for 25 mb/s upload and 50 mb/s download, which I just dont need. I am gonna switch back to Cablevision and AT&T when my 2 year contract is up.

I was talking about everyone in our family has one. and jobeard ill see what is available and were willing to pay $60.00 per month, maybe more.

Back