TechSpot

Which is Best Typing Tutor for Touch Typing ?

By robertq
Apr 24, 2008
  1. Hi,

I would like to learn Touch Typing if possible in shortest period of time using some proven Typing Tutor software.

Any suggestions ?

Thank You.

moodswings likes this.
  2. rosscoton

rosscoton TS Rookie Posts: 16

http://www.visibone.com/type/

Not outstanding but if you're a beginner it's handy to get the basics before going onto the full touch typing speed test.

3. Everlong18

Everlong18 TS Rookie Posts: 36

I've kinda just picked it up myself over the years of using a computer, and began touch typing without even realising, although I suppose typing tutors can speed things up.

4. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

You can consider the software and teaching methods that are being used by local schools and junior colleges as a source of recommedations. I am having a flashback - Twenty-five years ago our kids were taught 'keyboarding' in elementary school. I never heard a complaint!

"Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing (8)" came bundled with Calendar Creator (Business), V9. [Here is the Wikipedia reference], and there is mention of Broderbund. Never had the need to open the shrink wrap.

5. robertq

robertq TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 95

Thank you all.

I really appreciate the help.

6. jimbgalloway@gm

jimbgalloway@gm TS Rookie

HI ALL I guess I am a new Recruit @ TechSpot and look forwarg to working with you nice people. Hoping I can get some help and mabey give some as well jimmygb SOFTWARE DEVELOPER and engineer

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.