Which is better Intel P67, Intel H77, Intel Z68 or Intel Z77?

t3chn0vamp

If I want to buy a mobo then which Chipset I should go for ???

Intel P67, Intel H77, Intel Z68 or Intel Z77 ???

Thanks in advance !

That question can only be answered with more questions about what you want out of a motherboard.

P67 does not have support for on-board graphics
P67 & Z68 may not support Ivy Bridge CPU's
H77 & Z77 has native support for 4 (if I'm not mistaken) USB 3.0 ports

There are many other differences as well as those.

Are you going to be overclocking? If so then go for the Z series.
If you're getting an Ivy Bridge processor I'd recommend getting a Z77 mobo just to be on the safe side in terms of compatibility. The prices are pretty similar between Z68 and Z77 anyway.

Are you going to be overclocking? If so then go for the Z series.
If you're getting an Ivy Bridge processor I'd recommend getting a Z77 mobo just to be on the safe side in terms of compatibility. The prices are pretty similar between Z68 and Z77 anyway.
Probably I won't need overclocking, but if you talk about compatibility with Ivy Bridge CPU then Z77 is the best.Thanks for the suggestion. :p

Probably I won't need overclocking, but if you talk about compatibility with Ivy Bridge CPU then Z77 is the best.Thanks for the suggestion. :p
Well either get a H77 + non-K CPU if you don't intend to OC or Z77 + K series CPU if you plan on OCing. You're wasting money with a Z77 board with a non-K (and non overclockable) CPU.

Well either get a H77 + non-K CPU if you don't intend to OC or Z77 + K series CPU if you plan on OCing. You're wasting money with a Z77 board with a non-K (and non overclockable) CPU.
Ok so if I go for Z77 + K CPU then which cooling I would be needing? would Air cooling be enough? Right now im using CM 690 2 advanced with 5 140mm Fans, 2 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans.

Your case is good and has excellent airflow. You'll definitely need a third party cooler if you're planning on overclocking.

The Hyper 212 EVO is good. The NH-D14 is top notch, if you can spend a bit more (£60ish).

Back