TechSpot

Which manufacturers make quality SSDs?

By Jskid
Jul 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I recall OCZ had serious issues and am wondering if this is still true? Last year I heard Intel and Crucial were very reliable.

2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 890   +171

Intel,Crucial and Samsung.

3. Wes Harrington

Wes Harrington TS Rookie

I up-graded my Laptop of which I purchased from Costco that came with a slow 5400-RPM mechanical hard Drive.
    To a Crucial-256 GB SSD Drive that has functioned perfectly for the past 6- Months. Programs open super fast along with full boot-up times in 8 to 10 seconds I love it. The great thong about Crucial SSD Drives is they include a USB- Dongle that you connect to your PC and to the new Drive that also includes a software Disc that walks you all the way through the process makes it very simple to do. No other SSD Vendor out there that I noted offers this same type of Kit set-up. Crucial has a really solid great reputation. somthing like 500-MB TO 550 MB READ / Write Times it is incredable and have never had a single problem with it so far.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.