Which motherboard to choose?

andoyan

Hello All,
why is there a difference in price in this two motherboard?
thank you very much for your help
Jon

ASUS P8P67 LE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
B3/UEFI BIOS w/EZ mode, SATA 6Gb/USB 3.0, CFX $144.99

ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
B3/ Digi +VRM, BT Go, UEFI BIOS, USB3/SATA6, SLI $179.99

The only notable difference are the CFX (ATI CrossfireX) and SLI (nVidia SLI).

CrossfireX enables you to combine 2 ATI (and ONLY ATI) graphics cards and SLI enables you to use 2 nVidia (and ONLY nVidia) cards. This greatly increases the graphical power of a computer.

CrossfireX has it's limitations, but so does SLI. So I'm not really sure why there's such a big gap in price, but it might have something to do with nVidia being a bit more pricey in general.

But if you're not planning on using two graphics cards, I'd stick with the cheaper CFX one, because you won't have to worry about which type of graphics card you have.

Marty

The only notable difference are the CFX (ATI CrossfireX) and SLI (nVidia SLI).

CrossfireX enables you to combine 2 ATI (and ONLY ATI) graphics cards and SLI enables you to use 2 nVidia (and ONLY nVidia) cards. This greatly increases the graphical power of a computer.

CrossfireX has it's limitations, but so does SLI. So I'm not really sure why there's such a big gap in price, but it might have something to do with nVidia being a bit more pricey in general.

But if you're not planning on using two graphics cards, I'd stick with the cheaper CFX one, because you won't have to worry about which type of graphics card you have.

Marty

Think the listings are confusing. I'm running crossfire on the Asus P8P67 Pro. Don't take a single line retailer listing as the compatibility of a product. The P8P67 Pro supports both crossfire and SLI.

Pro has more Sata 6GB connections, More USB 3.0, Bluetooth and as far as I can tell it has the "DIGI+ VRM - Digital Power Design" and LE doesn't.
To be honest I think the SE is probably better for general use other than lacking SLI support.

Back