Which PCI card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderstrat91

I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 OC PCI card and a Visontek 2400 HD Pro PCI, should i swap out my 5500 for my 2400 please help?
Other specs:
Dell DIM 3000
Pentium 4 2.7Ghz
Sound Blaster Xfi Fatality
1.25gb of ram
Geforce FX 5500

I have a Visiontek 2400HD PCI and a 3dfuzion FX5500 PCI card myself.

Looking at your specs, i would say use the 2400HD. What games do you play?
Just to note, the FX5500 seems work better with gaming in windows 98se, or windows 2000, so i would use the 2400HD.
If you want Nvidia as in PCI, buy the BFG 6200, or 8400GS or higher.
But the 2400HD is pretty good, actually really good if you have a great computer, which you do. :)

i dont really wanna buy anything else cause i plan to get a laptop soon i just want something to hold of till then. The only pc game i really play is Americas army, i also have Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike Source, Painkiller

K thx guys, one thing i want to know is what are the best drivers for the 2400, the ones that come with the disk have a lot of stuff that seemms useless. So do u guys have any tips for installing drivers with that card and etc?

Using the 2400HD, you would want the driver which has the most opengl extensions, not to mention better performance, so i suggest using the Official 8.12 or the 8.12 beta I am using the 8.12 beta, seen here:

Enjoy!

Btw, Painkiller works great on my 2400HD, i can Max it out and get up to 40fps. In Painkiller Overdose, i get about 20-30, almost max, i have to turn down the resolution to 1024x768 and skies to low, but everything else max. The 2400HD is a great card, just confusing sometimes with older games anyway, some older ones. But using different renders helps.

peace

The requirement is 270, i am using 90watts, lol you will be just fine.
temps stays at 33c to 50c. I played games like crysis for about 2-3 hours once, and my temps was at 42c.
This card keeps cool. :)

Cool thanks i just found i can play fear with this thing, Americas Army still doesnt run that great but i have a feeling thats because of something else. Thanks For your help!

You may need a nvidia card with Shader model 3.0 to play americas army , the FX5500 has shader model 2. Anyways, One thing i notice about the 2400HD cards, they are tricky, meaning they are a 50% performance card. Some games work like crap, while others work superior. But with the help of the new 8.12 drivers, performance seems to have increase about 15%, so its up form 50% to 65.

Yea all fear games work amazing with the 2400HD. I can Max out all 3 fear games, with antialiasing aax2, and get about 20-50fps.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back