Which power supply better?

I second dmill89, by recommending the Seasonic and Antec HCG units as listed above. The Antec has Seasonic internals in the 620W version and is rock solid, I have one myself in my main PC, which runs ~18 hours a day.

It'll be fine running 24/7. Seasonic are one of the best brands for PSUs on the market, and very few PSU-makers can come close to the quality of their units.

My point about 18hrs a day was to say they're heavy duty, and will run 24/7 for considerably large periods of time.

No idea what g.c means...

Both the Seasonic 520W and the Antec HCG-620 (Seasonic internals) will power a HD6950 2GB fine, but ultimately it depends on the full specification of the computer. A safer bet is to go with the Antec HCG-620 which will provide ample power regardless of your hardware specifications along that GPU.

Ah, think you mean Graphic card. FYI, its referred to as a graphics card, video card or GPU (graphics processing unit).

Whether the GPU is a good price or not depends on what it will be used for. What games do you intend to play with it? What resolution do you play at? And what is the rest of your hardware?

Reason for asking is playing at less than 1080p with a really old chipset would make its purchase pointless, so its important we establish what you want from it, and what its being added too.

Im playing Diablo 3, SC2 ,WoW, Skyrim and etc.... and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly. But im getting tire of the graphic... lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well.

So this is my computer information
Field Value
Computer
Computer TypeACPI x64-based PC (Mobile)
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS Service Pack[ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer9.0.8112.16421 (IE 9.0)
DirectX DirectX 11.0
Logon Domain [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Date / Time 2012-07-23 / 13:50

Motherboard
CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i5-650, 3333 MHz (25 x 133)
MBoard Name Dell Inspiron 580
MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H57, Intel Ironlake
System Memory[ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Samsung M378B5273CH0-CH94 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8- 22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
DIMM3: Samsung M378B5273CH0-CH9[ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type AMI (07/06/10)

Multimedia
Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-3]
Audio AdapterRealtek ALC887 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-3]

Storage
IDE ControllerIntel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 3B20
Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device
Disk DriveGeneric- MS/MS-Pro USB Device
Disk DriveGeneric- SD/MMC USB Device
Disk DriveGeneric- SM/xD-Picture USB Device
Disk DriveST31500341AS ATA Device (1500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Optical DriveTSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H ATA Device
SMART Hard Disks StatusOK

Then, im about to change the power supply and G.C.
[FONT=helvetica]SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica]SAPPHIRE 11188-22-20G Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (OC Edition[/FONT]

then just like I said, "Im playing Diablo 3, SC2 ,WoW, Skyrim and etc.... and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly. But im getting tire of the graphic... lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well." Hopefully can play it with everything high! XD but I think tats too much for the g.c which im about to get.

Yeah, it'll be fine with the Seasonic PSU as long as you aren't overclocking, though you should still consider the Antec as well, as it would give you 100W more headroom for future use. Both are PSUs that will last years and easily power your next gaming machine.

Your GPU will also handle those games pretty well and playing at high detail and 1080p should be quite achievable. :)

Back