Which PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNS1310

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371007

Here's my current PSU. Been having a problem with it hooked up to the video card...keep getting a message saying the card isnt receiving sufficient power.
Time to upgrade...but to what? I'm running 2 HDDs, (80 and 250) a ton of fans, 3 dvd drives, powerful graphics & sound cards, 2 monitors (17"/24" Samsungs...does my graphics card need a ton of extra juice for the dual monitors??)...
Not sure how much power goes to what, thats why I'm here asking!
Thanks for the help!

"Powerful" video and sound cards is a rather subjective statement. Can you be specific on their models?

Have a budget on your new PSU?

The Corsair CMPSU-650T should be more than sufficient for your needs...

Around $100 is fine...little more little less..whatever.
Video - Nvidia GeForce 7600 (2 monitors)
Audio - Nvidia NForce
3 DVDRWs
anyhting else?
that psu looks good, was hoping for one with leds on 'er...got a ton of leds on the fans etc with a see-thru tower...place is lit up pretty good at night..looks cool.

Everything is IDE/4 pin connections also....I see a lot of sata connectors on some of these psu's...dont need 'em! Just wanna make sure i have the right connections.
3 dvdrws (all ide)...6 or 7 fans, 2 hard drives, power going onto the graphics card, man i got a ton of stuff in my tower!

Buy adapters if need be, they're cheap and if you get them from the same distributor as your PSU they probably won't cost anything to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back