TechSpot

Which SSD?

By Iakouben
Sep 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I'm making a new build and I'm gonna be using a few SSD's. Right now I'm in between the Corsair Force GT 240GB and the OCZ Vertex 4 256GB. what do you guys think is better and more reliable for a RAID 0 SSD setup?

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I wouldn't go for any non-Intel Sandforce drive, ruling out the Force GT. Go for either the Vertex 4 or Samsung 830 which has shown excellent reliability so far.

Also why do you need a RAID 0 setup? Do you really need over 500MB/s sequential speeds?

3. Iakouben

Iakouben TS Member Topic Starter

Good point about the corsairs, thanks.

I'm RAIDing up not for the sake up having a huge read speed (although that adds on as an extra advantage in this situation) but mostly for the sake of having one single hard drive and not having my data fragmented over say...3-4 SSD's.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,442   +220

But that's what RAID 0 does and if you are looking for reliability (from your first post), RAID 0 wouldn't be my choice.

5. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,368   +125

It seems to me that the Samsung 830 drives are doing quite well, and intel has had good support/reliability.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.