White House questions CISPA cybersecurity bill ahead of floor vote

By Leeky
Apr 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The White House has expressed concern over the latest controversial cybersecurity legislation, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), which would let Internet companies divulge confidential customer records and...

Read the whole story
  2. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TechSpot Maniac Posts: 514   +95

"Although the Obama administration stopped short of vetoing it ahead of its scheduled floor vote at the House of Representatives next week, it did express concerns that any potential information sharing bills must preserve an individual's right to privacy and civil liberties."

Translation: Since this is an election year, Obama will make it looks like he cares about people's rights and express concern about it.
    Matthew likes this.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,033   +70

+1 Dark
    I think he has been an excellent successor of Dubya ...... infact some say they never felt that he is no longer in the white house ;)
  4. SCJake

SCJake Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

+10 dark. Took the words right out of my mouth... well. fingers in this case
  5. kiklion

kiklion Newcomer, in training

While I would normally completely agree with you, didn't Obama stand up against SOPA as well? Or was that only after it wasn't going to get passed anyway? Please let me know if I am wrong with this as it is one of the only reasons I have to like the guy.
  6. I really like Obama; he is truly trying to do some good.
  7. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 246

@kiklion: at first he said he would veto SOPA but then later he caved to the repubs like he always does. f'cken republicans.
  8. "Translation: Since this is an election year, Obama will make it looks like he cares about people's rights and express concern about it."

like every recent and soon to be president(s) we've had and will ever hear of at this point. Hasnt anyone noticed this trend yet? Its not party vs party anymore people. that was the easy days

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.