TechSpot

White Screen on Dell laptop

By fondane
Jan 27, 2010
  1. All,
    I am faced with this peculiar problem and need help on this.
    When I start my Dell 1520 Vostro laptop it will show up white screen on my LCD, no bios loading message etc. and not boot up. I connected an external monitor to my laptop and I was able to see the BIOS loading messages but Vista got corrupted from some reason and hence not booting.
    I could understand that OS is gone but what I don't understand why my LCD is white and not showing up BIOS loading messages. Also, I tried restoring the factory default image on the disk but it would still not boot.

Also, a couple of days back I did see some vertical white lines on screen but a restart removed it. so, I kinda ignored it.

Do you think LCD has gone bad? How can I ensure that? I still have warranty on this one, so I could send it back for repair. But, I would prefer doing it myself than spending cycles with support.

thoughts or things I should try?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.