Who has Acer Aspire 5552?

By detoam
Dec 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have just gotten this thing. I decided to update the drivers since it seems that they are all at least 6 months old. The Acer updater says that there aren't any updates for it, but I browsed the net and techspot driver site and found a few. Namely realtek HD Audio driver. Found some BIOS updates as well. However I can't find the chipset update and I am not really sure about the rest being correct.
    I am not used to laptops and don't want to install the wrong drivers and ruin it all.
    So my question is: "where do You look for the drivers?" Can you share some links?
    The support page on Acer's website has no chipset updates at all.
  2. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

I would personally stick to the Acer supported drivers, unless there is a specific reason you need to look elsewhere, like for example, something not working as it should.
  3. detoam

detoam Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 100

Thanks. Yeah I don't want to risk this guy. It's the first time I got something that I didn't make myself.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.