TechSpot

Who has the Radeon HD 7970?

By R3DP3NGUIN
Jan 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. So I am bored and interested to see who already has lashed out for a 7970.
  2. baN893

baN893 TechSpot Member Posts: 82   +10

It's in the mail... I will let you know what I think once I get it running in my rig :)
  3. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,253   +145

Not me dammit ......
  4. baN893

I can only say "WOW". Needless to say it runs ANYTHING I have in my steam library including BF3. It OC's like a dream. I mean I am a layman, but running the card at 1125/1575 performance increases enormously. On 3D Mark 11 I get a whopping graphics score of P9298 3DMARK points. When OCing, the temps don't rise above 74C and the fan never goes above 39%. I mean what else could I ask for?

Great buy, I am really happy I committed to this card. No regrets what so ever.

On a side note though, I haven't seen the fan spin down actually yet. Don't know if I am just always missing that but I mean I don't really care if the fan is running or not. I have 9 other fans running in my case x)
  5. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,150   +172

BF3 is unavailable on Steam isn't it? :chef:
  6. baN893

yes it's currently unavailable. doubt it will ever be. who knows. but the 7970 really has no issues with a standard 1920x1080p resolution. In the future I will probably upgrade to an eyefinity setup ^^
  7. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

would love this card if it cost in the $400 range instead of almost $600
  8. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 154

Im hoping by April when Ivy Bridge comes out the 7970's wil be slightly cheaper. So I can do complete upgrade. Would be sweet to have two of these bad boys.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.