TechSpot

Why Can't I Get The Motherboards Integrated VGA Video card to except My Monitor?

By Demkon_5
Apr 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I just got a computer from a neighbor and brought it to my house the computer had been refurbished, It is a Gateway Computer ("Model: GT4016"). This computer was given to me and I'm having a hard time with it. When it was refurbished it came with a lcd Gateway monitor that works ("I tested it on another computer") so I put the Gateway GT4016 computer all together and The monitor has no signal. So I opened it up and checked it. The computer has no burn marks or smells and looks new and I took a look at every part and there's no problems or damage. So I put it back together after it was taken apart and still no signal. I took that computer brought it to my friends house. Using his monitor the computer worked. His monitor is a (lcd acer) thinking the problem was fixed came back to my house pluged it in to the monitor. There was no signal then I use one of those really bulky monitors same problem.

I'm thinking it maybe a Glich with the integrated vga video card in the motherboard but how can I stop it?

2. TheHawk

TheHawk TS Enthusiast Posts: 191   +7

Hey Demkon_5. The only common element I see is that it doesn't work at your house. Does the monitor have a detachable video cable and if so, did you use this same cable at your friend's house and on the older tube monitor?.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.