Why did this get closed?

By MetalX
Jun 16, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I just found today Techspot's longest ever thread.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic667.html

Why was it closed? Everyone just kept posting and posting and nobody did anything wrong except writing co.cktail and activating the word filter (but that's a real word), and suddenly, after someone's innocent post the thread was closed. After 3673 posts... A shame really.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

I have no idea why that thread was closed, I wasn`t even a member back then. ;)

I`m sure someone will be able to enlighten us though lol.

Regards Howard :)
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

That was a long time ago, I think at the beginning we wanted to create a HUGE thread just for the heck of it. But then when we had the huge thread, I started worrying about the size of the vB database if the pace continued... and that was a much smaller forum back in 2002! :D
  4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,909

So can't we reopen it? It seems like a fun idea ;)
  5. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Know we all know why Arris had 4,300 posts;)
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,262   +41

Lets reopen the thread. Might be fun.
  7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

As Julio was worried about the VB data base back then, when we only had a few thousand members. It seems logical, that with Techspot fast approaching 80,000 members, he wouldn`t want to risk opening that thread again. ;)

Regards Howard :)
  8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

I'm afraid I won't give what you want on this one, just because it can cause a hurdle to admin in the future... however I'm open for any other 'games' or ideas you come up with.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.