Why does my computer lag every few seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It lags every few seconds for no reason sometimes. It's really annoying because It's a computer I just bought a month ago. The games lag sometimes too such as Left4Dead, why does it do this? My video card is updated and it's a great card.

My Setup:
Liquid cooled
Windows 7 64-bit professional
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66ghz processor
Nvidia GTS 250 1gb video card
4gb ddr2 ram
MSi Motherboard
500gb hard drive 7200 rpm
700 watt power supply

My lag...do you mean when playing youtube video for instance it stops and starts and goes on like that? if so it's just 'buffering' up, this happens if you have a low standard broadband connection, like 1MB for instance, thought at times it can be ok, or worse still you are using ancient dial up internet connection.

no

no, i have t3, i mean my computer. the screen lags for a quick second every 4 seconds occassionally. I reduced almost all my start up applications and it seems to help but i might notice it again later, so only time will tell.

IDK know if this could be an issue with that CPU but I was researching the same issue with my computer at work (it has an AMD Athalon 64 X2 in it) but I guess the cores can get outa time, and there was a driver update that fixed it. Ever since then I haven't had that issue with this computer.

Just a shot in the dark tho

this might help

have you tried a recommended software called "Game Booster" if you get it first press Defrag game and find the folder its in, then press the "Gaming Mode" after defragged it, it closes all back ground interferance and proccesses that you cannot see to help lower CPU usage and put more power onto your gaming!

IOBIT IS AWSOME!:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back