Why does SFC always show corrupted files

Kshipper

I wonder why that when I open CMD window and run> SFC /SCANNOW .....it always shows corrupted files found and fixed on every new computer I build (fully patched 21H2 W10). It always tells me the details are in /OFFLOGFILE

I have looked at the log but nothing jumps out at me as being truly wrong

I usually run this command next> DSIM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I just had a brand new Acer Aspire laptop that did NOT have corrupted files when I ran the system file command > SFC /SCANNOW

So weird....I still wonder why the majority of the machines I work on or even build show corrupted files....

Well here is an update, well more of an aside. I had a HP Win10 laptop (about 2 years old) with 21H1 on it come in with a super slow HDD so I recommended imaging the HDD to a SSD. The imaging went well and just as a matter of housekeeping I ran SFC and my DISM command. For the first time ever the DISM took a long time to complete. On the next reboot I saw "Updates are being installed" then the laptop went to a blue screen error I have never seen before. I tried a bit of the auto repair and fixboot stuff and none of that worked so I just reimaged the drive but this time I did not run the SFC and DISM commands.

Having trouble after running those commands was a first for me. I do that in the field all the time. I think the issue was DISM (since it took so long). I just might avoid DISM for now until I know more about how it killed the bootability of that laptop. I'm like a doctor..I have to do what is best for the patient and the hospital =)

Back