why is my nfsmw slow when I have this Spec.

By paul05
Jan 12, 2006
  1. Hi all
    when i update my ram memory to 1.5m ram and i run need for speed: most wanted (nfsmw) in a high detail and resolution of 1024x768 the game lag when i play. My graphic is MSI 6600 256mb pc-e. I am thinking its my graphic card problem that cause the game to lag...anyone have any idea???
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

It is hard to say without knowing the details of your system....

I.e., motherboard make/model, CPU, ram speed, etc.

If you post that info, we can probably tell you where your bottleneck is.
  3. DragonFury

DragonFury TS Rookie Posts: 63

have u tried removing the extra ram out ( the one u added ) it could have changed the original ram configuration ie. slowed it down by way of timings or by Fsb of it ...
  4. cyrax

cyrax TS Rookie Posts: 69

Having stuff enabled like full screen anti alaising can really slow things down. See if thats on or anything in you nview desktop.
  5. Reformado

Reformado TS Rookie Posts: 20

Try to play for 5 minutes or so and then go check the graphic card termerature!
    That game usually sends the temperature real high and then the system cuts off... puke:

See the temperature before and after playing!

It may be a problem with the graphic card fan!
  6. bbdude

bbdude TS Rookie Posts: 18

Like cyrax said, using AA on full can REALLY slow you down. Try putting AA to its middle setting. Also, turn down shadows a bit.
  7. paul05

paul05 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 68

1.5mb 3200 184pin (2x512mb crosair and 512mb of curcial) ram
    6600gt msi 256mb
    hitachi 70gb 7200rpm

yea....I turn off AA and put other option up by one...and the detail i chose is 800x600 at a 3/4 of the detail

still, I'm thinking its my video card.......XD
    maybe i should buy 7800tg 256mb XD
  8. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Did you try dragonfury's suggestion? Take that stick of 512mb out. Your motherboard supports dual channel ram settings and you are running with 3 sticks of ram. Try with just 2 sticks and see if that doesn't speed you up a bit.

Other than that, yes I would say your bottleneck is your graphics card.
  9. paul05

kk...i'll try that, then i'll post back the result...much thanks techspot addicts ^_^
  10. Reformado

Reformado TS Rookie Posts: 20

Hey it must that... cuz if isn't, like DonNagual said:
    "your bottleneck is your graphics card."

and that hurts a little bit more! puke:
  11. Akifuddin

Akifuddin TS Rookie Posts: 144

Try taking out the crucial one because 2x Crosshair>1 crosshair + 1 least I think so.
  12. paul05

K I just tried it and now it work fine at 3/4 of Detail and 800x600 resolution
    many thanks all
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.