Why is the built-in webcam not detected

By SaladFinger
Oct 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I just got a second hand MSI CR600, everything works fine except for the webcam. It's not even detected by the computer. The computers original operating system was windows vista, but the fellow installed windows 7 on it, if it helps.

/Thank you for your time and consideration
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,267   +148

3. SaladFinger

SaladFinger Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I do I kind have the same problem, but when I checked "Problem devices" there was nothing there. My computer doesnt detect it at all.
    I updated windows, I downloaded drivers update and updated all the drivers, and downloaded all missing drivers. still no luck. I did run the Microsoft "Fix it" repair, but it did not solve my problem.
    Im so sad.
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,267   +148

Sorry to hear :(

So when you've looked in Device Manager you don't see anything listed under Other or Image categories? Or do you see any devices with yellow icons anywhere? If none of the above, then yea, the cam is probably turned off (if that's possible), disabled in BIOS or dead :dead: Sorry :(
  5. odriscoll27

odriscoll27 Newcomer, in training Posts: 81

Hey welcome to Techspot :)

Your laptop origionally shipped with windows vista so maybe the wrong drivers are installed
    Try the link below for the drivers for your laptop and you should see an option chipset etc on there and hopefully this may help update the drivers etc on your laptop. I kow the laptop uses the driver with the OS but at least you kow you will have the uptodate drivers.

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/CR600.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7 32

=>NOTE the OS i have selected here is Windows 7 32Bit. if you are unsure which version of windows 7 you are susing check the CoA key on the laptop or as the guy who installed it for you

Hope this helps.
    James
  6. Soujanya Poria

Soujanya Poria Newcomer, in training

Hi,

I have faced same problem just now but I solved it. Go to BIOS and restore all the settings to DEFAULT. It will solve the problem. Dont forget to thank me if this works :)

Regards,
    Soujanya

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.