Why, oh why is this happening here?

Spike

Please, any culprits of this, I mean you no harm, and it's not really personal, but I AM finding it confusing.

Why on EARTH would ANYONE want to be posting a topic in "THE MEETING SPOT" on the subject of requesting help for a windows problem, when the "WINDOWS OS" forum is listed just a little way above it?

It just seems to defy all logic. I mean, the windows OS forum seems to have far more posts than the meeting spot at the moment anyway?

If anyone can give a good solid reason for this trend, I'd really love to hear it. lol :)

Hello Spike.

I completely agree with you I find it mystifying as well.

I also find it hard to believe that people don`t put their system specs in their user profile. It would make life so much easier for everyone here.

Maybe they think that we`re telepathic or something lol

Regards Howard :cool: :cool:

It does get tiresome for a moderator to have to move these things to the correct place. But often people just gloss over things, and don't read properly. Its human nature, I guess.

It's also hard to understand why people post in a thread that has in big red letters "--->>>Do NOT post anymore in this thread, please. ANYbody else will be IGNORED<<<---".

Yes Olefarte I saw that too. The mind boggles lol

No doubt our very own RBS wont be pleased nor i suspect surprised.

Regards Howard :confused:

I do not know why this happens either, I can understand some posts being moved from forums that it could be similar in, like someone posting a file corruption in windows problem in storage and networking. But I don't understand how Meeting Spot seems to accumulate posts that definately belong somewhere else.

I should have screen capped it the other day, about 80% of the posts in meeting spot had been moved to another forum, with redirects. I had moved about half of them myself.

Crazy.

I think maybe they do it to give us mods something to do. After all, if people posted like they should, we'd have nothing to do.

Then again, it could be that some people just suffer from ID10T errors.

LMAO! I haven't heard anybody mention ID10 T errors for ages! and yes, quite possibly I think.

Oh man, you lot need to chill out.

You should see the state of some other forums!!! LOL!

But seriously, we do value order here, I suppose.

I'm chilled!

:cool: <¦--- see? look how chilled I am. I'm blue.

Seriously though, it was just something that's been bugging me. I simply couldn't think of a good reason for it.

Since then, I've wondered if it's precisely because the meeting spot has been getting far less posts untill now, and so people think they'll be noticed more.

(If I was really cynical, I could suggest it might be because the shadow topic is left behind, and so people see the post twice.)

At school we have a name for people like that. We call them I/O errors. Aka ***** operators. Just thought i would mention some PC humor. Sorry if it is lame

Sean

One thing to say. LMAO. At the time of my typing this. three guesses what the thread just started directly above this one is? :blackeye:

AtK SpAdE said:
At school we have a name for people like that. We call them I/O errors. Aka ***** operators. Just thought i would mention some PC humor. Sorry if it is lame

Sean

Hehee I/O errors! ***** Operator Errors! LOL!

Back