Why Windows Media Player 11 or 12 not nice as 10 or 9

Hello

Many people like me have a huge library of songs, and WM9/10 was best for these features. It was so easy to mange songs and create a quick list for listening songs specially now playing list in which adding a removing was so easy.
I used to fill details of the songs in ADVANCE EDITING TAG, (id3 tag) details like album art, title, artist, album, composer, lyrics writer, mood, group, genre (mostly were my own specified due to many languages titles) added synchronized scrolling lyrics, album artist (orchestra and band), label, year (IN ALL SONGS MENU COLUMN CAUSE THIS OPTION WAS NOT AVAILABLE) comments, language, and few column more for my references, these all helped even to manage library in Cell Phone and IPod easily. Means it was peace of mind but the new one mess up so much that one can’t enjoy the music library.
But in new windows media 12 these I can’t find even I tried 11 once before 2 years back and didn’t like that either and restored 9. But this time I got Win7 which only allows WM12 version or WM11, I found 1 link to install 10 but I failed to do so.
If someone can help me to install old version please tell me or if someone have better software which combines all the features of WM, iTunes, foobar etc, it will be highly appreciated.
I found many people feels same so spread the message all over the web so that anyone thinks the same will also join us and force them to include the things of old in new player, paste it in other forums too.

I'm not sure you can install older versions of Windows Media Player on Windows 7. Try downloading Media Jukebox (free). It looks something like WMP and iTunes. There is another program called Songbird (free also).

Hello

Many people like me have a huge library of songs, and WM9/10 was best for these features. It was so easy to mange songs and create a quick list for listening songs specially now playing list in which adding a removing was so easy.
I used to fill details of the songs in ADVANCE EDITING TAG, (id3 tag) details like album art, title, artist, album, composer, lyrics writer, mood, group, genre (mostly were my own specified due to many languages titles) added synchronized scrolling lyrics, album artist (orchestra and band), label, year (IN ALL SONGS MENU COLUMN CAUSE THIS OPTION WAS NOT AVAILABLE) comments, language, and few column more for my references, these all helped even to manage library in Cell Phone and IPod easily. Means it was peace of mind but the new one mess up so much that one can’t enjoy the music library.
But in new windows media 12 these I can’t find even I tried 11 once before 2 years back and didn’t like that either and restored 9. But this time I got Win7 which only allows WM12 version or WM11, I found 1 link to install 10 but I failed to do so.
If someone can help me to install old version please tell me or if someone have better software which combines all the features of WM, iTunes, foobar etc, it will be highly appreciated.
I found many people feels same so spread the message all over the web so that anyone thinks the same will also join us and force them to include the things of old in new player, paste it in other forums too.
If I remember correctly, WMP 9 had the drop down feature where you had about 5 or 6 choices of your favswinxp.jpg
top right corner. Is it available for XP or W7 ?
"EDIT" I didn't see the original date of post.:)

Back