Why won't my notebook shutdown while being charged?

By Slick21
Jul 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I'm using Windows 7 and a ASUS X54C Notebook.

While my laptop is charged, no matter how I shutdown, whether it be on start command or closing the lid, the laptop refuses to shut all the way off, the power just stays on. I already set the options to shut it down whether the power is being charged or not when closing the lid.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,677   +153

Try doing a factory restore, after backing up your important files
  3. HuntForTheWOrst

HuntForTheWOrst TechSpot Member Posts: 35

Try Factory Restore Like Tmagic said
    <<is a short video if you dont know how.
  4. Slick21

Slick21 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 22

I watched the video, but it turns out mines doesn't have the factory options. It says I need the CD to re-install and my notebook
    didn't come with one.
  5. Tmagic650

Looks like it's a pretty nice laptop... If you don't see any recovery options when the laptop starts up, you can contact ASUS for help
    HuntForTheWOrst likes this.
  6. Slick21

Slick21 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 22

Yeah, I've been having a hard time finding the recovery options and I don't think there's any. I probably do need to talk with Asus about it.

Honestly I don't think it's a much of a big deal, so I'll just let the laptop play it's course from here on out. But thanks for the help anyways guys.
  7. Tmagic650

You might try another AC adapter... Just for test purposes

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.