Why won't my PC boot from CD?

I get the "press any key" message but when I do so it ask me if I want to start it in safe mode. When I try to select safe mode thats when my keyboard stops working. Sometimes when I press a key it doesnt ask me that it will just start booting from the hard drive. I have an older keyboard not a USB one.

Do you have a USB keyboard? -if so then check in the BIOS it USB Legacy Support is [Enabled]
Then you can also have a faulty CD, do you have an original or a burned one and what operating system?

No I dont have a USB keyboard. The CD drive reads the CD, I put the CD in after windows xp booted and it began to install so it cant be the CD.

I disabled the hard drive and it finally started to boot from the CD. But when it got to about 50% or so it said that the repairs have been made and I have to restart the PC to complete installition, after I did that it just boot from the hard drive as normal nothing new happend.

Well, that's not how you to it. You have to enter the machine's BIOS, and change the boot order to the CD/DVD drive being first.

How did you think you were going to install Windows without a hard drive running anyway?

The computer is beeping because it is telling you you screwed up.

What exactly the beeps mean, needs to be determined from the "beep code", for the board/ BIOS combination in question.

It's like a Morse code for computers. For example, 3 short beeps on an Intel board, indicates a memory problem. Different beeps say different things

Back