Wi-Fi connection with iPhone

krisis99

So I have ROGERS 3G (99% sure) modem/wi-fi router and my PC is connected to it through ethernet. I have also had this PC connected through a D-Link USB wi-fi connector and it works both ways.

Now. The problem I am having is that my iPhone 3G is saying that is connected to this network (by the way i need a password to join the network) but is saying it is not connected to the internet when trying to use any apps needing internet (such as facebook mobile or safari).

I have used one of the passwords for joining the network on my iPhone before and it's work many times, but now it just tells me it's not connected to the internet when clearly it has full bars and has a checkmark next to the network name.

The IP address says 169.XXX.XX.X or whatever which after 3 hours of searching for a solution I have found means I am not ACTUALLY connected. 169 being the key in this. Also there is no DNS server.

Can anyone help with this problem?? Any other information needed I wil ltry to provide.

iPhone 3G firmware 4.1.2

Have you tried turning the phone's wi-fi off then on again? Or turning off the phone? Whenever I had problem like yours w/ my laptop, PDA, or phone (not iPhone), disabling the wi-fi then enabling it again usually works. Once or twice, I had to unplug the router.

If none of that does not work try this...Login to your router and change the channel (1-11) I have seen other devices need to be on other channels this happened with my tablet.
Just and Idea..
Ran~

Ok so after MANY failed attempts i thought randomly to hold down my WPS button of my modem/router while i joined the network on my iPhone. it worked! I kind of feel like that should have been obvious. lol.

Back