Wi-Fi router proxy configuration help

In10s

Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me Port forward and or Proxy my Wi-Fi router.... Im using a TP-LINK WR340G.. really need help.

Port forwarding has these requirements
  1. the machine to which the forward will point to must have a static IP address
  2. once port(s) are so configured, NO OTHER system will be able to use those ports.
(1) can be done manually on the target system, or more easily in the router by using IP Address Reservation.

Pg 33 of the manual describes (1)

Pg 34 describes the setup for port forwarding

Yes, that is typical and the recommended choice especially when there are several systems on that router.

Two ways to get a static IP address for a system in your lan:
1) manually perform the TCP settings on the system
2) use address reservation feature of the router to always assign the same IP address to a specific system.

The first can be a chore and easily create problems, so I recommend using the latter.

Choice (2) needs the MAC (or physical address) of the target system. Get your system connected using the WiFi. Now get a command prompt (Start->Run->Cmd)
and enter ipconfig /all.
The line shown as physical address: . . . xx:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee is what you want to copy down.

In the router configuration, find the LAN side settings
and you can force xx:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee => ip 111.222.333.444

the important part is to make sure the last digits in the IP (eg 444 above) is beyond
the highest address assigned by the DHCP range.

Back