Wi-Fi won't stay connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundewzer

my alienware aurora m9700 running a realtek 8185 wifi adapter won't stay connected for the life of me. It will connect and work just fine for 1 to 5 min the just drops off. If I try to reconnect to the network it says no I don't like you but if i try to connect to a different network first and that fails (neighbors wep wifi, don't know code) it will connect for another couple min. I have has this problem with a few routers so I am sure it is the adapter or some setting I am missing. It use to happen every couple hours and then it really hated to reconnect. I am truly at a lose here any ideas?

try reinstalling the driver for the wireless adapter. (this will reset all default parameters as well) Find it in Device Manager, rt click Uninstall. Download a new driver from alienware for your computer and reinstall.

scratch that. I tried that when I was running xp and I am running 7 now. I am not sure what setting got messed up but it seem to be working now. It drive is just the one that is include in win 7, checked for update online but it couldn't find any.

Thanks, I was getting very upset having to reconnect every few min. Hopefully it will last!

So you mean it just started working again on its own? or you did you do the uninstall/reinstall? just curious now...

Whats all this I hear about your wife not staying connected!? why thats out outrageous! i mean its a for better or worse vow for crying out loud.....oh.....wifi....never mind.

Ha-Ha

Makes me think of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiam where Cheryl is reading a draft of her renewed wedding vows to husband Larry

Cheryl: We'll love each other throughout this lifetime, and even after death through all eternity.
Larry: You mean this is... this is continuing into the afterlife?
Cheryl: Yeah, that's the idea. Do you have a problem with that?
Larry: Eternity? Well, I only signed up for "'til death do us part". I thought this was over at death. I didn't know we went into eternity together.

Ha-Ha

Makes me think of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiam where Cheryl is reading a draft of her renewed wedding vows to husband Larry

Cheryl: We'll love each other throughout this lifetime, and even after death through all eternity.
Larry: You mean this is... this is continuing into the afterlife?
Cheryl: Yeah, that's the idea. Do you have a problem with that?
Larry: Eternity? Well, I only signed up for "'til death do us part". I thought this was over at death. I didn't know we went into eternity together.

LOL Lookin.
i was going for rosanne rossana danna a'la SNL, ....but that works too !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back