TechSpot

Wi-tricity

By NetCablesPlus
Jun 11, 2007
  1. jonisaksson

jonisaksson TS Enthusiast Posts: 83

Yes, I hate all of those power cords.

But I have to say I am not sure I like the idea of strong oscillating magnetic fields around the home. They have been linked with birth defects in cows that graze under power lines, and there are concerns that prolonged exposure i.e. living under a power line can cause cancer.

Then again I guess what doesnt cause cancer these days

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Well, I would rather have about 20 power cords than anything that is cancer-causing.

3. thebaronjocelin

thebaronjocelin TS Enthusiast Posts: 158

^^ Do you smoke? :haha:

Anyways, yeah, I wouldn't care about cancer. But theoretically, there would still have to be some things in the world that use cords. You can't have everything wireless.

Power has to be transferred inside the generating unit, from the unit to transmitter, and within the receiving device, right?

4. jonisaksson

According to which theory?

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

The tesla effect has been known for over 100 years.

6. jonisaksson

OK if you want to be patronizing Tedster, please explain to me what part of the Tesla effect says that "still have to be some things in the world that use cords"?
    I would love to hear your explanation

7. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 243

i tihnk the point hes making is that some things will still need wires, ie. wires from your power supply to your harddrives etc.

I dont think he was just talking about the cable form the wall to the appliance

8. Carbonated

Carbonated TS Rookie Posts: 16

My point exactly.

9. thebaronjocelin

thebaronjocelin TS Enthusiast Posts: 158

Jonis, did you read my whole post or what?

^ There's where your d*** cords are.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.