Widescreen Dialog Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B.

I have a new widescreen monitor (LG W2253QT) and I have learned how to change fonts and colors for the new resolution (1920x1080) but many of the dialog boxes, message boxes, and splash screens remain small and I do not know how to enlarge them. Any suggestions of how I can manage that? I cannot read the contents of the boxes without a magnifying glass.
Thanks,
John B.

If you go to control panel, display in xp , or personalisation in vista, and change your font size (DPI) it will increase the size of your text. Im not sure if this is exactly what you need.

Good luck :)

I've learned to go Display Properties and change the font sizes and colors in Windows XP Pro. The Message Box is grayed-out where I should change the size. Also, Ctrl+ and Ctrl mouse wheel will change the size of a web page. I'm trying to resize the boxes.

Thanks,

John B.

I don't think what you want can be done John. :( The size of dialog/message boxes triggered by any given application is usually controlled by the respective application. So for any program that is giving you trouble your best bet is to search its own configuration menu for a relevant setting.

I think that there is something done with Visual Basic or C++ programing, or something else, that needs to be switched on or off somewhere in the Windows XP program and I don't know where or how to deal with it. I have an email sent to Microsoft but yet no reply.

Thanks for your help,

John B.

I just found out that my computer is running Windows XP Pro 32-Bit Edition and my processor is an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+. Shouldn't my Windows XP Pro be a XP Pro x64 Edition? Would that make any difference?

John B.

EDIT--I just looked it up and the answer is no. I'm ok with my system.

I think I've solved my problem. I changed my resolution to 1280x720 from 1920x1080. The dialog boxes are larger now and I can read the writing in them.

Thanks for all the help,

John B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back