TechSpot

Wierd Flash Drive problem

By Zilliak
Feb 28, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just messing around and put chromium os on my 4gb patriot x flash drive, but when i went to use it i couldnt becuase i forgot i made a virtual hardrive or w.e its called. So i used windows to format it, it now only has 950 mb of memory after the format, any ideas on how to get my 4gb back?
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,525   +300

Does it show as taking up the full drive in Disk Management? Its possible you have more than 1 partition on it, or 1 partition and ~3 gigs of unallocated space.
  3. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 233

Either way i have no idea wat to tell you i looked is there a utility to completly format its back or atleast let me look at like gparted or something?
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,525   +300

Utilities will format the partition, so even if you got that it would be the same size if its a partition thing. Take a look at it in Disk Management to see if that is the case.

Yes, gparted should see it and allow you to remove/format the partitions.
  5. killerjedininja

killerjedininja TS Rookie Posts: 27

if you use gparted, make sure you set the disk drive in front of the HDD in the boot sequence in your BIOS
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.