Wierd PC "error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I turn my PC on it shuts down after a few second then on again after 2-3 second all by itself. This can happen up to 4 times on and off before it evetualy turn on again but lately it only turns on and off 1 time.
This isnt accually a problem in itself since the computor works just fine. But I think it might be something I wanna fix before it turn to something serius.
Since I bought my comp in parts from diffrent suppliers I kinda need to know whats cousing the problem If Im getting anything from warranty.

Thanks

All PC problems are weird until you find out what is causing them!
This may be because the temperature sensor in the PSU is cutting in and out. Check that the fans are running OK and that the thing is not full of dust bunnies. Do NOT open the PSU case - there are things in there that can kill you.

yeah AbertLionheart

mostly, this happens when probably the CPU fan is not connected right
or other important fans like the power supply fan specially...

let me know if it posts a message... can you see anything when you turn it on?

one thing you MUST know is when it has to do with power offs (before exiting BIOS or before entering the OS) the problem is on the motherboard.

if it was on anything else like the hard drive or graphic card it would just stay on the BIOS screen and post a message saying the problem... or you wont see nothing but it might run still, thats not the case, RIGHT?

it simply turns off before the OS starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back