TechSpot

Wierd things goin on with my Vaio

By shivamrockz07
May 1, 2009
  1. I have a Vaio VGN FS315B...it quite old(4 yrs)...its working fine so i didnt replace it...

The thing that's troubling me is that whenever i turn it on.....it just freezes randomly at any point of time. It can happen even be4 the first welcome screen....after it....during the loading of windows from hibernation..and whenevr that happens i have to restart it and after an average of 4 restarts, i get to see my desktop.....(and to restart it i remove the battery and then again plug it in)

Another thing is that i have noticed is that when i open my task manager and go to the performance tab...sometimes without any application being launched....the usage reached to around 100

And when i turn it off or hibernate....the screen where it says ''windows hibernating'' also always freezes and when i hit my laptop...sometimes it starts working and successfully hibernates..

I first thought that there is some problem with the RAM....cauz when i changed it with another one from my other laptop...it turned on fine.....but later i realised that it was only a coincidence cauz my laptops even turns on with its original RAM (though with the same problem)

I havent reinstalled windows cauz i think it is more of a hardware problem

Please help me.....i really get frustrated with this problem.....

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

You have swapped RAM and that is good... The laptop is 4 years old so it may need a thorough cleaning. The CPU cooling fins might be clogged with dust and other debris. Use a can of air and see if you can blow some of the dust out. Then if the "freezing" continues, you can consider doing a OS reinstall. If it is a hard drive problem, the reinstall may not finish

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.