Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall

Hi all,

I just reinstalled Windows 7 on an older notebook (one of the first with it, so it was ORIGINALLY with Windows 7) and am now having issues with the WiFi. It has never had any issues with this before, so it is not an issue with the hardware.

I have followed the instructions given on a few sites and I have found that the WiFi card is listed under problem devices in the System Information window. The vendor # is 8086 and the device # is 422C. After finding that, I went on the hunt for the drivers/adapters for this, but I was unable to find them. I downloaded the wireless drivers available on Dell to no avail. Even after installing each and restarting it did not fix the issue. The only driver that seemed to match the lookup for that device was hosted on HP, but installing that also did nothing.

If it matters, I am currently on a Dell Studio 1558 Laptop. Any help would be appreciated, and I will give any information necessary. I have attached a picture of the System Info Problem Devices. If anyone knows what the others are or if they are important, I would appreciate that too, but I care much more about the WiFi.

Attachments

• SystemInfo.png
    SystemInfo.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
Back