Wifi disconnects, cant reconnect before restart

Hi,

Just want to start by saying I've read a lot of the threads trying to find a solution to my problem.

So on my laptop (win10) just disconnects from Wi-fi after 2 to 15 minutes. When it happens I cannot reconnect to the network before I restart the computer. I have tried troubleshooting (and to no suprise it didnt work), also tried ipconfig /release /renew as was mentioned in another threadcwith simular problem, but to no avail.
I also noticed my Wi-Fi symbol on the task bar changes to computer with a red cross briefly when I try to reconnect.
Any ideas for something I can try?

And yeah, my Ipad stays connected all the time to the Wi-Fi and I havent changed anything with the computer, but the network connection is a new one for my computer.

Win/10 is notorious for WiFi issues like this. It is usually corrected by updating the wifi driver - - NOT USING the windows search for drivers, but by going to the vendor website and downloading the driver specifically matched to Win/10+your Wifi Chip/Card model.

Hi, thank you for the answer. I will try that tonight.
But should a problem like this just happen out of the blue, so long after getting WIN10?
It worked fine just 10 hours before, on a different network.
I might also add that my laptop was on a helicopter ride, if that might have something to say. But I assumed that since it works perfectly fine before it dissappears it is software related.

I will come back with a reply when I have tried to download the drivers directly from the vendors.

Okay, one hour in, it still works, which is more than it ever did yesterday! So thanks a lot, I just tried letting windows find the driver yesterday, should have known better.
Thank a lot for the help jobeard!

Back