Wifi Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I want to move my cable modem and my linksys wifi router from my desktop which is located in my kitchen to my living room where my xbox 360 is located. Which wireless adapter would work the best on my desktop. My desktop is located under my desk, so would I need a Wireless Portable USB Adapter, or a USB Adapter. I would like something that would get me the strongest possible signal. The distance is approx. 20 feet. Through one wall.

Thanks

I know you say wireless, but if you can run a patch cable it will be more secure and faster.
Distance is a factor but so is what the wall is made of and if there are any lumps of metal like radiators, hot water cylinders, fridges, boilers and so on in the way.
If not, great routers are made by Draytek!

AlbertLionheart said:
I know you say wireless, but if you can run a patch cable it will be more secure and faster.
Distance is a factor but so is what the wall is made of and if there are any lumps of metal like radiators, hot water cylinders, fridges, boilers and so on in the way.
If not, great routers are made by Draytek!

I have a cable running between the two now, it gets stepped on, walked over, its just unsightly. A wifi for my xbox is around $100.00, I thought I could get a decent wireless adapter cheaper for my desktop.

Understand - providing the cable to the modem is long enough you should have no problem....if you only need an wifi adapter, try and get one from the same people who made your router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back