Wifi signal really bad, sometimes doesn’t even work

Hello! I’ve had this dell computer for 1-2 years now and I have never has an issue with the internet. However, just recently the wifi signal on my computer has been at 1 bar, rarely 2. I am unable to search anything on google as it just disconnects and stops working as the site is loading. I have tried every possible solution that I have found on YouTube. Sometimes it doesn’t even find my network, even if I am standing next to the router. I used to have 4-5 bars and now it has changed to 1-2 bars and won’t let me search anything. Are there any solutions? Thank you so much!

How do I do that? Also every other device, including my phone, ipad, and other laptop work perfectly fine with the network. 5 bars everytime, it’s only on the computer.

Then look for a new driver for your wifi chip -- just NOT using the MS update -- use the manufacture's website

Sure you'r looking for the right chip? After downloading, did it install without issues? This has never failed in the past.

Get a Modern Router I just moved and recently got cable
Don't Hide Your Router. Routers can be disgusting looking things and your first instinct is to hide it behind your television or in a box
Buy a WiFi Extender
Check for Router Updates
Use a Long Range Router.

It doesn't sound like the router at all, if every other device is happy. Laptops suck for so many reasons. Parts being outdated is one, updates in windows making it obsolete also.
Google your model if still having issues, while adding things like wifi card upgrade, are there youtube videos for such a thing, do they match your device. Would you be wililng to unscrew the cover and swap one out ?
Or you could buy a wifi dongle that works with your router.
Are you using your ISP's router though? Cause then maybe martinsmith has something there. Have you moved it ?
Is this solved ? :)

Back