WikiLeaks founder seeks political asylum at Ecuadorian Embassy in London

By Leeky
Jun 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The long running legal battle to extradite WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange to Sweden to face sex crime allegations took a turn on Tuesday evening after he walked into the Ecuadorian Embassy in London and requested political asylum under the United…

Read more
  2. Am I the only one than finds to much coincidence than he gets this charges just after releasing all that goverment info about dirty stuft?

It is a shame than they can do this in front of our own eyes. And to maybe the only guy than release this kind of info.
  3. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Wow this guy is doing everything he can in order to not go to jail. He has charges in Sweden, USA wants their shot at him, and he is getting no support from the UK. This guy either has the worst luck or he really is just that bad of a person. If someone had accused me of ANY crime that I didnt do, I would be fighting to clear my name, He just seems to want to find some nice place to hide. Kinda makes me wonder how innocent he really is.
    He went to that embassy because of their extradition laws. Which makes me even more certain that he is prolly guilty of the crimes he is charged with. And before future posters start in on the good ole USA and how they make Sweden their little puppet just to get their hands on him.......Bin Ladin, Noriega, if USA wanted him badly enough they would just take him and make him disappear. Oh sure ppl would be up in arms, but that would blow over pretty quickly. Once the newest controversial issue popped up in the media, ppl would forget him.
  4. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Right. Because governments wanting his hide for revealing embarrassing but not strategically important truths about them couldn't possibly trump up charges to get revenge for the embarrassment. Politicians and government bureaucrats would never, ever be so petty. /dollop of sarcasm
  5. No, he's clearly a very bad man, in happier times he would have been shot for treason.
  6. Prejudiced: to pre-judge.
  7. First of all its not his country he spilled the beans over so no treason. He simply created a platform for people to tell about cover-ups , unfortunately the U.S has too many of those !

Secondly most other countries are so deep up the US rear ends that they have no choice but to cooperate.

The charges against him is absolutely absurd nonsense!

go read the whole story
  8. we gotta help this guy
  9. Rasta211

Rasta211 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 191   +24

I think he would fight to clear his name if had a chance at a fair trial.

It's quite possible these charges are fabricated to stop him. If the charges are true, well he's going up against people who are mainly interested in keeping him locked up and not getting "justice" for his sex charges.
  10. carlwh123

carlwh123 Newcomer, in training

Exactly, if your opponent is way bigger than you and fights dirty and you're getting no support from anyone of power, why fight? Logically he should just keep running. What a life he's forced to live now, all because he's trying to expose truths - we can't have that!
  11. All wrong. If he has really done nothing wrong, then he won't mind presenting himself for a fair trial - we're talking about Sweden, not the Third Reich!
  12. carlwh123

carlwh123 Newcomer, in training

Abductive reasoning is failing here. What evidence has there ever been to suggest that he's a dangerous sexual predator who targets Swedish women? What evidence is there to suggest that many, many people would like to see him imprisoned permanently? For one thing, anybody who was ever outed on Wikileaks would.

He's a big public figure now, the jury would know of him, there would be substantial prejudice. I don't see any reasonable way in which he could be given a fair trial.
  13. It doesn't really matter though, does it?

14. He should release more raping stuff, I mean, dirty stuff about the usa and friends.
  15. Who should?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.