Wikipedia wants 1 billion users, 200,000 editors by 2015

By Matthew
Feb 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The Wikimedia Foundation (parent organization of Wikipedia) has shared a five-year strategic plan that outlines the group's key priorities and intended milestones. The plan was developed through a collaborative effort that began in 2009 and involved more than 1,000 participants worldwide.

Read the whole story
  2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,573   +47

I'm sure someone could come up with a list of 50 million random items or tools....

Codpiece?...Toothpick?...Or what about Tiger Woods?...Nah, i'll bet he's already been covered.

That should get things started....Maybe :)
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,384   +825

I guess they've never heard the old adage, "too many cooks spoil the broth".
  4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

They're going to need some major changes to the editorial staff if they're going to accomplish this objective. Seems to be a haven for otherwise impotent people who use Wikipedia's editorial policy in order to be able to exercise some degree of power and control over others. I'll stick to fixing typos.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.