Will 32-bit XP key work for 64-bit copy?

vectorsigma32

i have windows xp pro 32bit on my pc i was wondering cold i get a windows xp pro64bit install disc and install it on my pc using my key for my 32bit copy ?

Hello to Everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and in search of a few answers myself, that's why I joined. I'll do my best to give some answers to everyone, based upon what I have experienced in my years of working on computers.

Best wishes to Everyone, Jmagee

jmagee,
If you have a fairly new branded computer, such as HP or Dell you can request 64 bit media from them.
We have several engineers that were hitting a wall due to the lack of resources running 3D solidWorks files. I was able to get XP Pro 64 bit media from HP for free ifthe computer was still in warrantee and for $10 for those that weren't.
It of course required a format and fresh install, but with the newer workstations it was a breeze and i was able to use 8GB of RAM (32-bit has a 4GB ceiling). This mad a tremendous improvement in the SolidWorks handling. The older workstations were not as easy to conmvert but they too showed marked improvement in handling of these huge, multi parts drawings.

Sorry!

I don't know how to use the system here, period!

I also have found out that the question that I was wanting answered is not to be asked any more, so I guess I wasted my time by joining this group. Sorry to have bothered anyone. Best wishes to all!

Back