Will a Radeon HD 5570 run with my PSU limit?

Well I have this HP pavilion that I really want to upgrade, I want to start doing some gaming on it but I don't want to spend that much because I feel like I won't even keep this computer for that long anyway.

Gpu: Integrated Nvidia GeForce 6150SE
Psu : 300 watts
Ram : 3gb ddr2
Mobo : M2N68-LA (Narra3)

My model number is: A6430f

I know that I should probably upgrade the Psu first but I can't buy both the Gpu and Psu at the moment.

If I were to upgrade my Gpu would that be able to run on this computer? I probably will just end up, upgrading my PC anyways but I would like to know.

Thank you. :)

It looks like the card is powered by the motherboard. You shouldn't need a new power supply because the video card doesn't have any external power requirements. :)

If I were to upgrade my Gpu would that be able to run on this computer?

This appears to be the Pavilion you currently own, and if that's the case then yes you should be able to upgrade no problem.

Regarding your power supply, AMD recommends you have at least a 400W+ unit, reviews seem to indicate that ~350W with 32 Amps on the +12 volts rails to be more then enough for a 5570. And I've seen several posts elsewhere with people using it on generic 300W units just fine. So I'd imagine you should be good, however if you are experiencing bad performance, crashes and random resets when stressing your system you'll know what the problem is.

Back