Will an e7200 bottleneck a 9800gtx video card?

By kabzz
Sep 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys:)

eerr... will an e7200 processor bottleneck a 9800gtx?

I wanna play all the latest games, crysis, devil may cry4, bioshock etc.. in high settings as much as possible, in 1440 x 900 resolution.

I read somewhere that if I overclock the e7200, it can match the stock speed of e8400.

I'm on a budget, but I can dish out some extra bucks for an e8400 IF the e7200 bottlenecks the 9800gtx though...:dead:

any suggestions would be great:D
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Not likely, the e7200 has more than enough gaming horsepower to keep up with the 9800GTX. However, if you were willing to dish out a bit more cash, the Radeon HD4870 blows the GTX away; is physically smaller to boot... just to give you another option :)
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

Nope, it's fast enough for anything barring a dual 9800GTX setup. Even that wouldn't be bottlenecked if you OC'd the E7200 to 3GHz and beyond.

LOL, at 1440x900, even the 9800GTX is overkill. ;)
    Oh and BTW, your name is damn hard to type! =P
  4. kabzz

kabzz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

(^^,) yey!! thnx a lot. i was kinda worried about bottlenecking this and that. hhmm.. i was also considering 4870 as an alternative but it isin't available here at my place yet :(
  5. kabzz

kabzz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

rar!! i love overkilling(^^,) thnx for the reply! (^_^)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.