Will APUs ever be compatible with mid-range cards?

TheDevopsGuy

So apu are like the best Money to Cpu+Gpu in the market and I see it as one of the new revolution in the graphical technology surpassing intels hd 4000 by far I was wondering the Apu will ever be able to be compatible with a higher graphics card then the low profile 6670 it is already powerful at it is but imagine it with a higher boots a 7770 or 7850 idk if the cpu is still powerfull enough to not bottleneck by then tho

I am but back to the point will the Apu ever be compatible with a mid range card instead of low profile 6670 only
If you're asking if you could use a dedicated GPU along with the APU then yes, you can do that. You could pair the CPU with whatever card you wanted. Now if your asking if you could use the APU's intergrated GPU along side another card like Sli/Cfx then I am not completely sure. But, It seems like something that could easily be done by tweaking settings in your bios.

Now, in regards to bottle necking from the APU. It all depends on the specific one you pick. I am sure all the recent generation of APU's will not bottleneck any of the mid-range cards. However, I am not 100% sure about any of the higher-end cards. Hopefully someone who better understands your question and with more knowledge will chime in.

Back