Will my processor Bottleneck my graphic Card?

By Mridul Gupta
Apr 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello people, I want to know whether my processor will bottleneck my graphic Card ?
    My Specs can be found in my profile.

I have been playing Games Like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon future soldier. When I use my MSI afterburner, I see that my graphic Usage never goes high, it mean, It rarely reaches 70 %. It remains stangent at 60 % or near to that. Whereas my friends Get usage upto 96 %. Could bottlenecking be the reason?

Another Info, All my temps are normal. My resolution is 1366 x 768. I bought HD 7850 so that I could max out all the games and play then-m lag free on ultra settings at my low resolution of 1366 x 768, This card is upto my expectations, but I only get approx 40 FPS in Ghost Recon future soldier whereas other people get 50 - 60 FPS in ultra settings.

So, can I know the problem ? Thank you.
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Dual-core won't be helping things, and you may notice a 10fps drop. I'm not gonna bother quoting sources because I can't easily find them and they are dodgy anyway...

But, disable ambient occlusion.. it's a big performance hit.

Anyway, to conclude, your system is fine overall.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.