Will my PSU be able to handle this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will, but the PSU's build quality is extremely poor, being made by Solytech who're notorious for their rubbish-quality Deer PSUs. I've actually had four Deer PSUs blow up in my old system, I was pretty lucky I only had to replace my mobo once because of it. So I rather you get a new one, but if you can't, it will be ok. Just replace it before you upgrade anything in your machine next time.

They're the original builder of the PSU, the OEM to be exact. Rosewill just brands Solytech-made PSUs as their own and sells them, just like Corsair sells some Seasonic-made PSUs.

I wouldn't build a $50 PC with a Rosewill PSU. If it blew, and it likely would, I'd need to spend another $50!

Rosewill usually chooses inferior OEMs for most of their PSUs, which is why their build quality and reputation is so poor. Not all of their PSUs are bad though, it just depends on the OEM used for a particular model. Their higher-end ATNG based models are quite decent, and the RP500-2 is a particularly nice one, but with better alternatives available, one wouldn't really go for any of them.

Overall Rosewill's PSUs are mediocre at best, and definitely not at home in a gaming system. However, they are a brand to consider over others like Deer, Allied, Powmax and Dynapower. The latter even have units with bogus UL numbers!

Why must you post fail in my post. =(

Anyway, i hope my PSU holds up with at least one graphics card. When I Sli I'll get a 800W+.

Yeah my friend has that same card and a mid to high 5xx watt PSU and runs it fine. But yeah I've heard bad things about Rosewill and their power supplies so if you could, I'd suggest changing that up. I mean you wouldn't wanna skimp out on the most important thing but I mean if you're confident in Rosewill, then all power to you. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back