Will Orange Fan Improve Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincranky

I recently purchased this HSF; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233022 to replace the stock fan on my Intel E2200. Since I generally can't make heads or tails out of HSF reviews, (the more I read, the less I know) I thought I'd ask for some "educated" guesses.

Known variables; the machine isn't overheating in the first place, the Intel fan is "whirry", no matter at what speed it's turning, and the orange fan in the Zigmatek is way more cooler. (By this I mean stylistically).

I'm just hoping far 2 degrees cooler (Celsius) and 2 db quieter. This only because I don't want to think I spent 17 bucks on pure vanity, so don't go all water cooling on me. :rolleyes: :D

i think it will cool better than stock but not alot better you may get the 2c you are wanting but not much more. The cooler does look nice though.

It is able to easily cool the older Athlon 64 and the newer X2 chips to around 30-35C under load, so I don't see why it wouldn't perform as well (or even better) on your Allendale-based chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back