Will that laptop run Vista well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben

Purposes: watching movies, 2D graphics calculations, multimedia like watching movies etc.

AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL52
1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
256MB ATI ® Radeon® Xpress 1150 HyperMemory (integrated)

Thanks for any opinions

You should have no problem running Vista on that. However I would recommend, if your budget allows, 2gig's of memory. I have pretty much that same set up on a Gateway laptop, it ran okay with 1 gig, but much better with 2.

I bet Vista on 512mb, like Best Buys is selling really runs crappy!

halo71 said:
You should have no problem running Vista on that. However I would recommend, if your budget allows, 2gig's of memory. I have pretty much that same set up on a Gateway laptop, it ran okay with 1 gig, but much better with 2.

I bet Vista on 512mb, like Best Buys is selling really runs crappy!
even XP will run mediocre with 512mb

erm, I have to disagree. I have a old Compaq laptop running XP Pro with 256mb, runs like a dream. But I have seen Vista on 1gb and it ran like a 3 legged dog.

IMHO, depends on the complete setup of the computer, nobody can blame only the RAM if it's running crappy. I've installed XP on a Laptop P III with 256 SDRAM and runs pretty good, of course not as good as a new computer with Core 2 Duo or Turion64x2 but runs good accordingly with the hardware-software you are using.
Also you could install 2 GB of RAM on a 2.0Ghz celeron and the results won't be as great as a system with 1GB on a E4300 and that's just talking about XP, for Vista even tough I Don't have many setups to try it. I'm at work using Vista with a P4 2.8Ghz 1GB Ram and runs pretty good, (maybe because I don't have Aero but runs fast), and at Home I'm Using Vista on a Celeron 2.6Ghz with 1GB DDR and ATI 9600XT without any lags (and Aero is installed on this setup).
Back in the subject about the Laptop I believe it will run Vista pretty good, It's just my guess, but I believe so because it has a good CPU, Ram it's working on Dual Channel (2x512) and has ATI, not the best one but at least is not an Intel GMA.

Vista will run well on your computer :D ! Good Luck with it :wave: !

these turion processors are no good for vista I think. I'm walkin around Best Buy and I see vista on all of their machines, even the newest ones, lagging, and bad. Dont skimp on the laptop if you want to run vista. Just because a laptop says vista ready doesnt mean it runs vista well.

supersmashbrada said:
these turion processors are no good for vista I think. I'm walkin around Best Buy and I see vista on all of their machines, even the newest ones, lagging, and bad. Dont skimp on the laptop if you want to run vista. Just because a laptop says vista ready doesnt mean it runs vista well.

P3's can run Vista reasonably well. It's not neccesarily only the CPU, and the Turion isn't a bad one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back